Thursday 4 June 2015

DIY Mask Bottles

Hello everyone...
I am back again with my bottle obsession. If you are here in "My Creative Juices Flow" from quite some time then I think you are aware of my bottle love. Recently I tried to combine my bottle love with tribal mask love. Initially I was thinking of making some mask design on some clay pot, but later I thought as I have so many bottles, then why not with bottles. Here is the outcome and the tutorial for you. The pebbles in the following picture are also hand painted. They are my 2 in 1 pebbles, you must be wondering how?? Different things on different sides of the pebbles. Want to know how Click here.
Items required:
1- Glass bottle
2- Fevicryl clay / M-seal
3- Acrylic Paint
4- Paint Brush
5- Twine
6- Glue
7- Beads
Step-1
After applying some talcum powder on hand I took equal portions of both mixtures of Fevicryl clay. Mixed them well. I wanted to hide the thread marks of the bottle, so first I covered that portion. Then tried to give a smooth texture to it. By using a paper knife and a ball pen made some impressions and designs on it.
Step-2
After making some designs, first I took small small portions of the mixture to make eyes, nose and mouth. Then placed it on the bottle and gave them proper shape. Made the eyeballs and nostrils with a ball pen and some marks on the nose and mouth with paper cutter. Left it for around 30 minutes to dry.
Step-3
First I took three twines of equal length and weaved it; as we make simple hair plates. I was not satisfied with it, so at the end portion of it I glued some beads. Like this I made two for both the bottles. In this time the clay dried and then I painted it. (You can use any colour of you choice.)
Step-4
In the last step I glued the twine plates on the bottle. (Use a very little amount of glue to stick it and after sticking don't try move it, as the paint may come out. You can follow any design.)
A happy corner of my living room with my cute tribal bottle couple *smile*. You can get more ideas about my other creativity with bottles from here.

2 comments: