Tuesday 28 April 2015

DIY Hanging Bird Bath

A famous quote says " It's nice to be important but more important to be nice", let's begin to be nice. The scotching summers...scarcity of water takes away the life of many living beings not just humans, but animals, birds and plants also lose their lives. With this rise in mercury level a kind effort from us can save these innocent creatures. The life saving H2O, that's water can be kept in our garden or terrace or balcony or near windows or on any place in our house where birds can visit easily and have water. These speechless physiology of our planets are helpless and are in continuous search of survival, we can join hands to save them and our planet. 

With a small effort towards this, I have made a bird bath in my balcony. I thought I'll keep it simple. But finally ended up doing this, which is neither too simple nor too complex. All my DIY works are my weekend projects :) and every weekend comes with a long To-do-list. This is a result of last weekend which was made in a hurry, as summer has already set in. All was done in a very unsystematic manner :(, along with a surprise visit of some guests :), sudden outing plans and many such interrupting things. But finally I am sharing the idea with you all. 

So here it is without strings and pebbles;
Items required :1. A flat clay pot (If clay pot is not available any other pot will do)
2. Acrylic Paint (Any colour of your choice)
3. Paint Brush
4. Twine
5. Some pebbles (Optional)
6. M-Seal
7. A big piece of cloth (I used an old cloth)
8. Talcum powder
9. Some plastic leaves (Optional)
(Unlike earlier DIYs this time don't have a picture of items required)

Step-1
Take a big piece of cloth and keep it in a round shape like the following image. Circumference of the cloth should be according to the circumference of the clay pot. First roughly tie it with a twine, then again tie it tightly and thoroughly. Then take three long twines and tie those to hang this. Length according to the length of hanging bird bath.

Step-2
Dust your hand with some talcum powder and take equal portions of both mixtures of M-seal. Mix them well and give shape to your desired object. To my surprise when I opened the M-Seal packet there was only half of the mixture. On questioning my husband teasingly he replied with a smile "I did some real M-seal work :)." I was determined to complete this DIY on the same day so I made the body of birds with whatever M-seal I had and it's tail was made with plastic leaves. Insert the leaves when the M-seal is wet.
Step- 3
Paint the clay pot according to your choice and hang it this way.

Step-4
Then stick the M-seal birds on it and paint it.


It's now done and ready to move to its final place.
Here it is in my balcony garden with some pebbles.




So let us all keep some water for birds this summer and if this can be done with some personal touch like this it will enhance the beauty of the place along with a noble cause as the primary focus. This can also serve as a bird feeder.
Looking for your feedbacks and suggestions.

5 comments:

  1. Simply Love it! If you don't mind I am so inspired to copy it as is:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Prasanna...
      Yes of course, go ahead. Don't forget to share a picture of your creativity with us.

      Delete
  2. Loved it..very creative. I will try this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always appreciating my work. Do share a photo if you make it .

      Delete