Monday 14 December 2015

Apple Kheer

Hello Everyone...
Winter has knocked at my part of world from last few days and this is my favorite time of the year. Due to some reasons I am trying to keep myself busy and engaged these days. And in this regard nothing can be better than blogging and keeping myself busy. When I surfed through my blog I found that I have ignored one of my passion from last few months....that is COOKING. Then immediately rushed to the kitchen and made something to share with you all. When checked my camera found its battery was dying, so took all the snaps with mobile. At that time it was not possible to wait further *wink*. The recipe I want to share is Apple Kheer. It's super easy and can be made within 30 minutes *smile*.

Ingredients Required (For 4 servings)
1- Full Cream Milk -1/2 Litre
2- Condensed Milk -1/3 Tin (1/3rd of 400gm tin)
3- Medium Size Apple - 2
4- Cashew Nuts and Raisins - Few (Can take any nuts of your choice)
5- Cardamom - 4 to 5
6- Sugar - According to Taste
7- Water - 1/2 Cup
Step- 1 & 2
First wash the apples. Then peel and grate them. Don't grate in a very fine grater, other wise while cooking it will become paste. For Kheer we need grated apples of grain like size. Put a deep pan/kadhai on heat and add half cup of water. Once the water starts boiling add the grated apple. Apple will not take more than 5 minutes to get cooked. 
Step- 3 & 4
Once the apple is cooked add 1 to 2 tsp of sugar in it, then take it out on a bowl. In the same pan add the milk and boil it till half reduced.  
Step- 5 & 6
Add the dry fruits and condensed milk in the half reduced milk. 
Step- 7 & 8
After adding the condensed milk taste it, if required then only add sugar. In this whole recipe I have used only 2 tsp of sugar (added 1 tsp in apple and 1 tsp in milk). Then add the freshly crushed cardamom powder. 
Step- 9 & 10
Now add the boiled apples in it. Give a stir and switch off the heat. Don't cook the apples in the milk, as the milk may start curdling. 
If you want can add some apple essence in it, but I never add as it is not preferred at my place. Garnish with few chopped nuts and it tastes best when served chilled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment