Tuesday 12 July 2016

DIY: Book End Holder

Ohh... this bottle obsession, this is going to stay with me forever and I am going to share my creativity with bottles with you the same way. I have made a bookend with a bottle. We can find so many varieties of bookends, made of wood, metal or any other heavy material. I was in need of it since long. But before purchasing, the DIYer in me thought of giving a try. Few simple steps and it's ready. 

Items Required:

1- A bottle
2- Colours for painting the bottle ( Acrylic or oil based paint)
3- Paint brush
4-A small chunri (I used a chunri that we generally use in worshiping goddesses in India and can get it from any store selling Puja items.) 
5- Glue (I used Fevicol)

Step-1

Paint a bottle in any design. I have already shared some methods of painting bottles. Here I have used a plastic bottle of one litre capacity, as a small bottle will not be heavy enough to stack and hold the books together. First given a base coat of oil based paint and then painted a Bengali bride on it using acrylic or fabric colours. Purposefully I have not given the painting a clean look. You can make any painting of your choice. Let the colours dry properly.
Step-2
Then fill in some sand or soil in the bottle. Remember the soil or sand should have no moisture at all.
Step-3
Tightly place the cap or you can also glue it. Then apply some glue and stick a small chunri. Let the glue to dry for some time. And the bookend is ready.
Engage yourself in some best out of waste DIYs. Then admire your work, feel proud and be happy *smiles*. 

No comments:

Post a Comment