Tuesday 7 July 2015

Entrance of Our Home

Welcome….
Today I am going to share with you all the entryway makeover of our home. We stay in a rented apartment, so never thought of decorating or adding any personal touch to the entrance. But daily when I come back home and look at the blank wall so many ideas come to mind. Then each time I think someday I’ll do something, but that someday and something never came and more than a year passed. Finally during this summer I did it. 
An entrance to a home says a lot about the people who stay there. It creates the first impression on our visitors mind. From entrance they visualize the whole home. We wanted our guests to have a glimpse on few items at entrance while waiting for the door to open. 
At my place next to the door there is a less than 2 feet wide wall followed by the steps. First we thought of adding a name plate on the wall and few terracotta statues on the steps. But it was practically not possible as in our floor there are 5 more apartments and kids of age group 5-10 often play in the corridors. So we restricted our creative juices to flow within that wall only *smile*. We thought of adding a pair of mask, a name plate and a wall hanging. It was decided that the mask will be purchased and rest two I’ll make. But as mentioned in my earlier post I ended up making the mask too. 

First I made a name plate. I used a cardboard, some wheat straw, M-seal both black and white, acrylic paint, glue and few items for decoration like bells and a Ganesha. Have a look at it.
The first thing I did is I cut the cardboard in shape of a house. Made the brick like designs with M-seal. Then glued the wheat straws to make the roof of the house. Then glued a small Ganesha (it was on an invitation card) and bells. By using white M-seal made the letters and also two windows. After that painted all the designs. Still some M-seal mixture was with me so made two hearts and two tiny winy love birds (that represents us *smile*).
Then came my tribal mask. It's a couple mask. In my last post I have shared the tutorial. In case you have missed it, find it here.
Then I made a wall hanging using some small clay pots. It's very easy to make, only paint the pots and tie up by using some thread and hang it. Used red and golden colour so that it will go well with other items.
Now all of these three items together at entrance of our home are looking like this.
Still something was missing and was not happy with the look completely. So added some plants which are in plastic planter (keeping in mind the kids in the neighborhood *wink*) and some bell designs cut from an invitation card.
Initially the entryway was dull and boring. Here is a pic of how it was looking before transformation.
Hope you all will like how we transformed our entrance. A little effort, a little love and some creativity that's what our entrance speaks now *smile*.

No comments:

Post a Comment